• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Hello from Somerset

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Dave Garrett

Hello from Somerset

Post by Dave Garrett »

Hi everybody, I am a newcomer from Yeovil in Somerset. I am now semi-retired after 42 years in the aerospace industry. I am currently a member of the Westland & Yeovil District Aeromodelles Club & the Eagles Flying Association. My main interest in RC flying is powered sports & acrobatic models. I do however, have a couple of electric gliders in my fleet. I enjoy building just as much as I do flying, most of my models have been built from kits or plan packs. I have always appreciated the appearance of gull wing gliders, originating from a failed attempt to build a Keil Kraft Minimoa in my teens. A large RC glider has always been on the cards, so now with a bit more spare time, its time to jump in. Earlier this year I acquired a Mosway 3 short kit from a bloke up the road in Bristol. Subsequently, I have been collecting the additional materials & components to complete the build. I am now ready to start. I will try to post some pictures of the build as I progress, I am sure I will need some help & encouragement on the way.

Outside of RC modelling, I enjoy foreign travel & trips to the pub for meals with family & friends. I will have to admit to drinking the odd pint or to of Butcombe bitter in the past. I also like watching Stupid game we do not allow here & cricket. I am a big fan of European symphonic metal & progressive rock music.

Best Regards
Dave
Cliff Evans

Re: Hello from Somerset

Post by Cliff Evans »

Hi Dave, Welcome to the forum. You purchased that kit in May, thought you would have finished it by now! Love your choice in music as well!
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk