• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
Edubarca

Re: New Member

Post by Edubarca »

Hello Chris, thank you for your help., I don't know if you are familiar with the heat shrink covering as sold by HobbyKing.com and sometimes called "ChinaKote". It is very cheap, USD13.00 for 5 meters!!. I've used it with success on all types of models except an aircraft as large as the Minimoa. I think I'll use it for wings and empennage and cover the fuselage perhaps with glass fiber or similar and then paint the livery. And concerning the RC, I will only fly my model as slope soarer. We are surrounded here with lots of mountains from the Andes with plenty of places to fly. I thought the controls were ailerons, flaps, rudder, stabilizer and spoilers. That means 5 channels, am I correct? In this case, my trusty old Futaba will do fine. Again thanks, my friend. EDUARDO
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

Yes, Eduardo, I assumed you would connect the ailerons separately...

Is Chinakote a film or a fabric...?
Edubarca

Post by Edubarca »

By connecting aileron separately, you mean with one servo per aileron but connected with a "Y" to aileron channel? If it is possible, that is the way i will do it. and second, "ChinaKote is a film, similar to Monokote but slightly thinner and with excellent shrinking properties. Colours are not an exact match with Monokote but very, very close. Some people say it is similar to Ultracote (USA) or Oracover in the UK. I have never used these two latest but that is what I've found out.