• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Another new german member

Just joined the forum? Please introduce yourself here..
physlehrer

Another new german member

Post by physlehrer »

Hi,
my name is Uli, 71 years old, have been math and physics teacher until I retired.
I'm interested in vintage gliders, especially in wooden ones. I got a CAD mill and I already have built a Slingsby Sedbergh, but smaller as in the plans of Jill Smits, and just now I'm building a Slingsby Tandem Tutor in 1:3

And oh yes, I am married, I got two adult children, and neither my wife nor one of my children is interested in model airplanes (sigh)

I live in the southern part of Germany, I do both thermal and slope soaring.
chris williams

Re: Another new german member

Post by chris williams »

Welcome, Uli...
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Welcome to our community Uli.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
paulj

Post by paulj »

Welcome Uli!

It's a lovely part of Germany you come from - I am sure you have some fantastic conditions for flying, at least from the spring onwards!

I am working part time, and work with a client in Herzogenaurach, but the current restrictions prevent travel to Germany. I worked for Toyota for 20 years, and was often in Ingolstadt working with Continental - not so far from you I think!
John Mcnamara

Post by John Mcnamara »

Hi Uli,
The Tandem Tutor is a very interesting subjetc for me because as a 16 year old Air Cadet I learned to fly gliders in one of those. We just called it the "Mark 3". Very benign to fly, but the performance of a manhole cover. I also learned initialy in a T21 Sedburgh, which we nicknamed the "Barge". Again very benign and although heavy your could thermal one of those.
I also have a krick kit but of a Grunau Baby to build some time. It will be my second Grunau because I built one from a plan 25 years ago. I no longer own it but it still flies today.
I am currently building another German kit from Aeronaut, the Founier RF4.
I am retired from my full time job now but I worked for a German printing company in Bavaria for 13 Years. It was based in Schwandorf, which was a 20 minute drive from wonderful Regensburg. I spent a lot of time in this city and I love the place.
John