• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Hobbyking

Problems with suppliers? Then post here.
Barry_Cole

Re: Hobbyking

Post by Barry_Cole »

I have never had a problem with getting things replaced, they have always been very helpful.

BC
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Cliff, I think you are being a bit hard on them. While you are no doubt legally correct, and are being honest about the problem, I am sure they get people trying to rip them off all the time.

BC
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

On the up side you will probably not have to send them back....

:D :D :D :D

BC
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Cliff, check who your transaction is with and you will find it is Hong King all that is in the UK is a freight forwarding warehouse, probably why they call it "UK warehouse". As registered at companies house https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07555774

That's why you can't get a VAT invoice from them too.
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

and the new web site is s..t and they have stopped doing a lot of stock that was useful for gliders like airbrakes, tow releases and glider retracts . they seem to have a lot less stock all around . ROO :D
catwok

Post by catwok »

Can you send us a video of the phone call Cliff?
catwok

Post by catwok »

I know, but I want a video! :lol:
Andrew Ray

Post by Andrew Ray »

I had an order arrive with an item missing. I played the game and took a picture of the whole order with a space in the middle where the missing item may or may not have been and just to be sure I took a close up of the empty space so they could definitely see it was not there, no problem, they sent a replacement. How on earth does a photo not of the item prove it is missing?????

Glad you have it sorted Cliff and photos of large boxes to prove it.
Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden »

I have to say that I have never had a problem with either the supply or quality of any orders from Hobbyking. Maybe I am just lucky. I do not order items out of stock or an order split between different warehouses. I only use the UK warehouse now but even when I used the Hong Kong warehouse I got everything I ordered albeit with a longer delivery time.
Glad you have your issue sorted though Cliff
Andrew Ray

Post by Andrew Ray »

Cliff, true but it is a different culture and is it not easier to play the game? Try to fight it and one wastes an awful lot of time and gets frustrated.

I had an issue with Banggood over some faulty, probably fake servos, they didn't want to refund but in the end I involved PayPal and soon had my money back. If I had quoted the Sales of Goods Act I am sure I would have got nowhere and had I chosen to take that cudgel up it would have cost me more in money, time and sheer frustration.

My post was trying to illustrate that I consider HK to be fair, their system is in place to satisfy all the countries, cultures and languages they sell to and their process is simple and painless. With me they had no proof that I didn't receive the item and I doubt that a stock check would prove anything but they replaced the missing item without fuss.

Fair enough maybe they are not following the letter of our law but for a little effort the end result is the same isn't it? And surely a supplier has a right to satisfy himself that the goods are faulty? How many times does it happen that instructions are not followed or that someone is trying to pull a fast one? If I told you that the laser cut kit I had from you was faulty and was cut wrong would you, in all fairness, replace it without satisfying yourself that was the case? I wouldn't expect you to and at the least would supply evidence to back up my claim.