• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Image Orientation

The notice board for all important announcements from the management.
RobbieB

Image Orientation

Post by RobbieB »

I have long been aware of orientation problems with images taken on or posted from mobile devices going back to 2011 or more. The Ios OS seem to be the main offender here but the problem can manifest itself on Android devices as well.

Having looked into it as extensively as I can it would seem there is some conflict between OS, browser and display platform that, to try and cut what has been a very tedious story short, is unresolvable, at least for the moment.

I have successfully posted images from two Android mobile devices, one phone and one tablet, taken in portrait, landscape and upside down mode and they orientate correctly in Photoshop, several image viewing programmes and both this forum (still running version 3.1.5) and my testing forum (already updated to 3.1.6) but they don’t orientate correctly in Windows photo viewing software.

So, the plan is, for the moment anyway, any images that are incorrectly orientated will be corrected on the forum by one admin or another.