• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

1/2 scale Lo100

The place for all things large - approaching half scale or larger.
alexis scott

Re: 1/2 scale Lo100

Post by alexis scott »

Ive had a busy couple weeks of things like work and family slowing down the process of the Lo100 but tonight I managed to get the elevators hinged and sheeted in Balsa so small steps but it is progress, Im using a removable pin with Robart giant hinge points,, I very carefully filled of the peened part of the rivet then opened out the hole just a smidge to allow the pin to slide smoothly with out being hard or sloppy, Ive used aluminium tube between each hinge point so that the sharpened pin guides itself through all parts of the hinge without too much bother. I used balsa scrap to support the tube and then I shaped this down to form the leading edge of the elevator.
Attachments
20160928_010338_resized.jpg
alexis scott

Post by alexis scott »

tail closer.jpg
closer 1.jpg
closer 1.jpg
Well Ive started skinning, I'm using scarfe joints and so far Really happy with the results,
john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

Looking good Alexis. Just keep checking that the model remains straight until you have enough sheeting on to make it rigid.

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
alexis scott

Post by alexis scott »

john greenfield wrote:Looking good Alexis. Just keep checking that the model remains straight until you have enough sheeting on to make it rigid.

AEB
Thanks John, yes I'm keeping the edge of the build in stands all lined up along the edge of my board until I flip it over to do the bottom and I'm planning to do as much of the bottom in single pieces from crutch line to crutch line in one piece which should help to prevent being able to built with any deviation.
alexis scott

Post by alexis scott »

Today saw the support stands getting cut off and the wing mounting blind nuts being installed followed by the fuselage being bolted down to the bench ready for the bottom skin to be made and applied, In the morning Im off to a buddies furniture factory to slice a couple strips of ply up to form the skid from, then in to town to get what I hope is the last batch of ply for the fuselage, all going well I'll have a lot of the fuselage skin by this time tomorrow night
Attachments
bolted usd.jpg
front half .jpg .jpg
alexis scott

Post by alexis scott »

Plus two more pics of the big bird sitting outside
Attachments
outside first.jpg
semi nude outside.jpg
alexis scott

Update of progress

Post by alexis scott »

Just to keep the thread up to date, here we are aa of this morning
Attachments
rps20161109_142516.jpg
alexis scott

Post by alexis scott »

A little more progress today
Attachments
rps20161110_232302.jpg
john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

Looking good Alexis. You will remember to finish installing all the internals before you finish the sheeting wont you !!? :lol:

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
alexis scott

Post by alexis scott »

Lol. Not only did I finish it all except the receiver, which has a platform ready behind the pilots seat area, but I photographed the push rod supports and lock wires that wont be visible after sheeting easily so that if my large model inspector asks about any thing internal I can show him.