• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Slopes in the haute vienne ?

Please post here anywhare that may be of interest for anybody visiting an area where there is somewhere to fly. Where possible please include directions or map details for google.
COLSON

Slopes in the haute vienne ?

Post by COLSON »

Hi,
Well my wife and I finally got the keys to our new farmhouse in France, (limousin dept 87)
We are a stones throw from the central massif and even though we have been in France for 3 months we have been to busy tidying up,hoovering cobwebs and getting plumbers and electricians round for quotes and have yet to explore further afield.
We are back in the uk right now but over the next year we will be relocating permanently ,,,,,,,(plenty of trips back and forth over the coming months) I'm wondering if anyone knows what any local slopes are like ? Department 87 covers a lot of ground it would take me yrs to fully explore it all,,,,,,we have wonderful hills surrounding our farm but they are all heavily forested by grand oak and pine plantations!!!
We are blessed with over twenty acres of pasture so iv got space for thermal flying but alas no knowlage of what the nearest slopes are like ! Any help very appreciated,,,,,between renovating the house and farm I need to get out and fly and get away for a break from all the hard work ahead Lol.
Chris.
MDev

Re: Slopes in the haute vienne ?

Post by MDev »

If you put in a 'slope soaring ' query to google you'll get the European web site which you can in enbed into Google Earth or maps and have a permanent record on your puter or phone. I find I have a copy on my main computer and one on my iPhone (maps), works well in finding places. I use it to contact local clubs who are generous with their info.
COLSON

Post by COLSON »

Cheers Marc ,,,
I have a Google model flying field app which has identified a very useable slope which is about 50 minutes from the house and more than a few very good model clubs that are luckily very local,,,,,,I'm still struggling with the language (I'm old you know!) but I will be introducing myself next spring to the local flyers.
I was kind of hoping someone may have intimate knowlage of the central massif in general ,, me thinks some scale electric assist may be a good idea and save my as yet unfinished 1/2 scale hutter H17 for aerotowing !
Chris.
robc

Post by robc »

La Banne d'Ordanche near Murat le Quaire is an excellent slope in that area. The club there is http://www.ailes-silencieuses.fr

Here's a link to a now defunct website where you can still get the raw location data for slopes across France

https://rc-slopes.com/rc-slopes-data.xml

Don't forget to do your Alphatango training and register your models. It's free at least and took me around an hour.

Rob