• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

bradgate park leicestershire

Please post here anywhare that may be of interest for anybody visiting an area where there is somewhere to fly. Where possible please include directions or map details for google.
roo Hawkins

bradgate park leicestershire

Post by roo Hawkins »

being born and dragged up in leicetershire I had had to post this site.It is one of the most beautiful places I fly. it is a medieval deer park in the center of leicestershire . it is only a small slope so only good for small models but the n slope will take a 3 meter glider and the s e slope is the best one I have flown a light 4 meter glider there in the past. there is also a sw and a s slope but not very good.
Attachments
Extrodinary-views.jpg
3933976869_35f45bda82_b.jpg
Old-John-with-deer.jpg
B Sharp

Re: bradgate park leicestershire

Post by B Sharp »

I like the idea of a seat to crash into on landing Roo, very handy. I also think it was good of them to build big stone turn points on the top of the hill for racing round. However I am not so sure about the radio controlled cows with the multiple aerials. What frequency are they operating on?
Brian. :lol:
roo Hawkins

Re: bradgate park leicestershire

Post by roo Hawkins »

hi burrough hill always was the best site in leicestershire but the last time I went there after moving away from Leicester about 7 years ago was last year and it was over grown and a lot more brambles. but you can still fly there. it is also near the bmfa flying center. found this vid of bradgate and burrough hill
Attachments
1413300755571_wps_11_Archaeologists_have_unear.jpg
101213Burrough-on-the-Hill.jpg