• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

RCSD to return

MikeG

RCSD to return

Post by MikeG »

I had the following email from Bill and Bunny Kuhlman (B2 Streamlines) the other day:

''Fellow RC soaring enthusiasts,

It is with a great amount of excitement that we can let you know the NEW RC Soaring Digest will soon be available. Final details are currently being worked out, but the foundation is solid. An individual experienced in a multitude of online publications will be taking the reigns, and while the magazine will not be produced as a PDF, there seems to be a very simple way for the reader to create a PDF on their own computer, and/or print to paper.

The NEW RCSD will have its own web page. We'll announce the home page URL once it's ready for perusal. This should occur well before the first issue is published, as it will provide necessary information regarding submission guidelines and the submission process.

The original RCSD relied solely on donations for maintaining and updating software and hardware, as well as its web presence. The NEW RCSD will be relying on advertising sponsors. If you are a manufacturer or retailer of anything related to RC soaring, and would like to support the magazine, we'd very much appreciate hearing from you.

We're very excited about this venture and hope you are, too.

- Bill & Bunny''

Something to look forward to in the next lockdown..................!!

I suspect that Will Byers of Kiona Publishing (RC Sport Flyer) may be behind this as he and the Kuhlmans are both from the Pacific North West and, I am fairly sure, know each other. We shall see in due course.

Mike
RobbieB

Re: RCSD to return

Post by RobbieB »

Some good news at last.
MikeG

Post by MikeG »

Here's the latest on RCSD's return

Mike

''Terence C. Gannon
Managing Editor
The NEW R/C Soaring Digest
NewRCSoaringDigest@gmail.com

I am pleased to announce that commencing immediately, I am assuming the role of Managing Editor of the NEW R/C Soaring Digest. This comes at the conclusion of a lengthy discussion with Bill and Bunny Kuhlman. As a result I am equally pleased to announce that as part of that discussion, they have agreed to remain as Editors Emeritus for the new publication. This was essential as I am keen to build on their legacy of excellence established over their many years at the helm. I will seek their counsel and assistance as the new publication launches and on into the future.

My primary goal for the NEW R/C Soaring Digest to provide continuity between the publication that readers came to know and love over the 35 years it was published. That said, the new publication will inevitably have to evolve to adjust to the new publishing landscape in which we find ourselves. In the near future, I will announce a new digital platform as well as new systems and processes to support this. But I hope the net result of these blended objectives will continue to result in a journal its readers can't wait to arrive each month.

To make the NEW R/C Soaring Digest sustainable over the long term, I have already embarked on a program to recruit long-term corporate sponsors who will underwrite the publication's basic operating costs. There is also going to be some paid advertising. However in both cases, I think you'll be pleased as to how that can be accomplished without significantly detracting from the readers' experience. Stay tuned.

One really important thing will not change: the R/C Soaring Digest is a reader written publication. It is going to depend on your support for the articles which readers will no doubt find fascinating and entertaining. As Managing Editor, I intend to employ a very light editorial hand. I will be guided by common sense and a simple, straightforward Editorial Policy which is currently in development and will be available in the near future.
Finally, I intend for the NEW R/C Soaring Digest be a participant in social media which, as we are all aware, provides a considerable opportunity while also being fraught with potential pitfalls and risks. To that end, I am also working on a Social Media Policy which will hopefully keep the conversation civil, smart and most importantly tightly focused on the hobby we all love.

My intention is to have the January, 2021 issue out before the end of this month and then gradually move up the publication schedule so that by December, 2021 (and thereafter) new issues come out on the first calendar day of each month. This aggressive schedule means that if you have an article you would like to contribute I urge you to get in touch right away at NewRCSoaringDigest@gmail.com. I really look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you, in anticipation, for all of your support. I feel both truly fortunate, and frankly a little frightened, to now be at the helm of this great publication.

Fair winds and clear skies.

Terry''
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

After two years absence RCSD returns.
RCSD Jan 2021
RCSD Jan 2021
Attachments
rcsd-2021-01.pdf
(16.41 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk