Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

Drones

Use this area to co-ordinate the formulation of the regulations governing our body.
jimbo

Re: Drones

Post by jimbo »

Interesting marc, our slopes are very near public and we get lots of differing interactions. Most assume it is a motorised plane. They are usually quite astonished when they learn it has no power. Then usually a discussion on the techology ie range battery life etc. I cant actually remember the last time a model was called a drone. Theres never a bad word said and usually they stop to watch. Ive seen one guy flying a drone when i turned up this year. As soon as he saw the glider come out the car he landed and left without a word. I suspect he knew he couldnt fly there but would chance it while no modellers were present. Ive found that the public most certainly see the glider soaring as part of the landscape soaring with the birds. Id say their reaction is 99.9% positive.

Mark Erwood

Re: Drones

Post by Mark Erwood »

Hi All. I wonder how many of you have seen this? https://uk.news.yahoo.com/unmanned-dron ... 40955.html. A news item about plans for commercial drone testing up to 50 miles from the operator. Now we know why our air space has been stolen!

Mark