Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

MU 28

B Sharp

Re: MU 28

Post by B Sharp »

After a week or so of working on another project I have finally got back to the MU28 left wing panel. All the ribs are glued in place the wing joiner tube added and then the top spar. The interspar webbing has been added; 1/16 ply in the first six bays and hard 1/16 balsa (crossgrain) out to the tip. I have attached the front underside sheeting and dry fitted the electric airbrake aft of the spar. Weather permitting (if it rains) I will pin the wing down again and attach the top sheeting which should stabilise the wing substantially. :)

By the way, has anyone any experience with ‘Easycoat’ white covering material, I can get it in a 10metre roll from Balsacabin? :?
I often use Oracover but it is getting very expensive. I have tried to get 10 metres of Hobbyking white film covering but it is out of stock with no promised date.
Brian. :)
Attachments
Work continues - slowly.
Work continues - slowly.

B Sharp

Re: MU 28

Post by B Sharp »

I have managed to fit in a little more work in the last week on the MU in between working on other projects. The wing is now fully sheeted and the leading edge added and shaped. The next step is finishing the wiring loom. :)
I fitted the completed right hand wing onto the fuselage and then fitted the new left hand wing in order to finalise the incidence peg position. Using my electronic incidence gauge I was able to get the two wings to match with only the minimum of jiggling about. However when everything had set I was annoyed to find there was a 0.1 degree difference! Ah well, the best laid plans! :o
I am going to be a bit busy next week so it may take a little time before the next instalment.
Brian. :)
Attachments
Fitting out - servo, brake wiring and hinge mountings
Fitting out - servo, brake wiring and hinge mountings
Getting the wing mounting set.
Getting the wing mounting set.