• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Rise of the Eagle?

B Sharp

Re: Rise of the Eagle?

Post by B Sharp »

Well done Frank. I think the yellow and white scheme will look very nice.
Brian. :)
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

Well done from me .It just show's what can be rebuilt however bad it looks. When I killed my fox and that was bad .It was ready for the bin. Simon W- Smith said put it in the loft for a while then look at it later maybe a year. Good advice I did, and now the fuselage and tail and canopy are finished just waiting for the wings. Always pick up all the bits in a bag and only bin a year or two later.
Ian Davis

Post by Ian Davis »

Hi Frank

There must be something about Eagles that give them a death wish. Last October our good friend Marc Dev managed to bend his Eagle to the point that the whole thing was about a 2 feet cube of stuff. He was extremely sad and was going to bin it. Somehow the bin he chose was the back of my car. It sometimes resembles a mobile dumpster anyway, so very fitting.

With the plans that he sent me I set to on a rebuild. Took a while but the challenge was to get it back to good condition.
New centre section, Canopies and extensive fuselage and wing rebuilding. Lots of recovering and painting.

I managed to repeat the original colour scheme which will please Joe Spiers who originally built it. My only regret is that I didn't have the forethought to take a "before" pic.
Attachments
DSCF0008.JPG
DSCF0021.JPG
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Top stuff guys, Ian you've been a lot quicker than me, was that Eagle bent at the same Middle Wallop meeting?

Maybe we need to get Cliff to introduce a re-build section.....................
Ian Davis

Post by Ian Davis »

Hi Frank

Yes, it was the October meeting of 2018.

Something happened at the top of the tow which resulted in the starboard wing departing the aircraft and fluttering down in that mesmerizing way. The rest of it was soon to create the 2 foot cube of stuff. The starboard wing was the only thing that came off lightly.

It's difficult to determine why the wing came off. The wing joining steel is of a good length and cannot disappear into the centre section. The incidence pin is also up to scratch. My only conclusion is that the centre section failed.

Ian
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Cliff Evans wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 07:54
FrankS wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 19:49 Top stuff guys, Ian you've been a lot quicker than me, was that Eagle bent at the same Middle Wallop meeting?

Maybe we need to get Cliff to introduce a re-build section.....................
Geat idea Frank, All done. viewforum.php?f=57
:lol: Maybe you can move this across, thanks
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

ian davis wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 07:25 Hi Frank

Yes, it was the October meeting of 2018.

It's difficult to determine why the wing came off. The wing joining steel is of a good length and cannot disappear into the centre section. The incidence pin is also up to scratch. My only conclusion is that the centre section failed.

Ian
Center section on mine came off quite well and has only required some light repairs.
GeeW

Post by GeeW »

Hopefully some inspiration for Frank
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

GeeW wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 20:42 Hopefully some inspiration for Frank
Cracking, thanks