• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Slingsby Kestrel 19

Antonia

Re: Slingsby Kestrel 19

Post by Antonia »

What a brilliant job you have made of the rebuild Brian, looks great :D
simon_t

Post by simon_t »

Looks fantastic Brian - was great to catch up on the weekend and a shame you weren’t quite finished on the Kestrel as it is such a pretty glider.

Simon
Mike F

Post by Mike F »

Very nice Brian.

Particularly impressed with the quality of the rattle can paintwork.

Mike
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Thank you lady and gentlemen for all your kind comments.

Last Sunday I was in my T-shirt flying in beautiful thermals at Buckminster and today I am wrapped up like Michelin Man in a 16 to 25mph wind on my local slope. That’s right; I was performing the maiden flights of my Kestrel 19 after its repair/restoration.
It was actually a bit of a non event with the Kestrel penetrating outwards and upwards with ease. I didn’t even have to alter the trims. I was a bit careful to begin with but was soon throwing the model around as my confidence in the strength of the repairs grew. Loops, rolls, stall turns, reversals and inverted passes were all performed with no undue wing distortion. I even carefully attempted a square loop which the model handled with ease. If anything the model was handling rather better than it has for quite a while. Hopefully I can look forward to another ten years of happy flying with the Kestrel.
I have attached three rather dull and grainy airborne shots as proof of flight. Sorry about the quality but they were taken by me, with my phone, in rather blustery conditions.
Brian.
Attachments
Proof of flight on a very grey day.
Proof of flight on a very grey day.
047.jpg
048.jpg
Max Wright

Post by Max Wright »

Congratulations, Brian. 8-)
Max
Phill Tadman