• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Blue Airlines DG800 4.5metre

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Laurie

Blue Airlines DG800 4.5metre

Post by Laurie »

Wonder if any of you kind folks could help shed some light on my DG800, I picked it up last year, I know the model is about 20 plus years old but its been sat in a cupboard for many years so the quality and condition is excellent.
Well that was until last week when I got caught out on Galway hill and had a bit of an arrival damage was small crack on fus and bent wing tube.

This is the issue the wing tube, approx 26 inches long and 17.90mm in diameter, thats the problem I cannot for the life of me find anything that diameter, so was wonder if any of you folks would know anything about Blue Airlines (yes I know there no more) on more importantly where I could get a metal wing tube this diameter ??

Regards

Laurie
FrankS

Re: Blue Airlines DG800 4.5metre

Post by FrankS »

Lauri, you could give these guys a call and ask them to measure their 18mm dia rod https://www.metals4u.co.uk/stainless-st ... gJ8Z_D_BwE
Simon WS

Re: Blue Airlines DG800 4.5metre

Post by Simon WS »

I wonder if the joiner was Imperial? You can get Silver Steel imperial 11/16" bar (or tube perhaps?) and that would give you a nominal 17 thou clearance...

Simon