• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

spoilers v reflex ailerons

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
ChrisJesshope

Re: spoilers v reflex ailerons

Post by ChrisJesshope »

Maybe but I could not work out how to do it. It's an old JR PCM9XII...

...well I never, I just checked the manual and this is what is says:

"Aileron and Flap Differential–Separate differential values (5) are available in each flight mode including reverse differential (for landing). Aileron and flap differentials are independently adjustable."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

ChrisJesshope wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 09:22 Maybe but I could not work out how to do it. It's an old JR PCM9XII...

...well I never, I just checked the manual and this is what is says:

"Aileron and Flap Differential–Separate differential values (5) are available in each flight mode including reverse differential (for landing). Aileron and flap differentials are independently adjustable."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If all else fails - read the manual :lol: :lol:
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

RFM!
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

:lol: :roll:

Should help, on my set there is an option in the aileron differential manual so as the spoiler control is applied the aileron differential is progressively removed. You know about it when you forgotten to select this option ;)
Jilles

Post by Jilles »

Some remarks on this issue from personal experience. On my non scale electric gliders I do have reflex (up aileron) as landing aid instead of airbrakes. They reflex ailerons are not as effective as air brakes but it work for me and saves weight.
On all my scale gliders are proper to scale air brakes used, these can be Schempp Hirth type or just barn doors on the top subject to what scale demands. Because my scale designs do not have washout (see note later) I have a 2 to 3mm reflex programmed when applying air brakes. This little reflex gives an artificial washout and makes the model more stable at the lower landing speeds.

Note, the reason I do not design a washout in my scale jobs is because they all use the HQ35%% profile. Some long time ago now Chris Williams mentioned to the model world that for vintage gliders with this profile washout is not required. Having designed a lot of gliders now and built some myself I do totally agree. Non of the designs show the tendency to tip stall unless you force them. The reflex on landing with airbrakes open are just an extra insurance.