• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Retirement Looms

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
VinceC
Site Admin

Retirement Looms

Post by VinceC »

After 20 years of running a Scale website and approaching my mid 70's, I have finally decided to throw in the towel. I will still be around and playing with my Toys, for which I hope to have more time to appreciate. I started making 'models' when my Uncle came back to live at home with my family after being held by the Japanese as a P.O.W.. It all started with paper planes when I was 3 and I built my first Keil Kraft model (scale of course) when I was 8 and never stopped.

When I started making a site on the Internet, I had to create a web page to fit on the then normal monitor screen of 800 x 600, hence the narrow format of the pages. Things have moved on and now the site needs a revamp to make it more Mobile friendly and for someone to inject a bit of fresh blood and thinking. I am pleased it has proved popular around the world and has created great links with like minded people.

I am most grateful for your support, especially Jilles and all his wondrous plans, but now the ball is in your Court. Cliff Evans is taking over the management, but he will need input from all you members. Please pass on any thoughts to him and especially if you research your models and have Documentation which will help others.

Asta la Vista

Vince
Barry_Cole

Re: Retirement Looms

Post by Barry_Cole »

Vince,
Thanks for everything that you have done over the years. Enjoy your "Retirement"

:D :D :D :D

BC
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

Don't do it, Vince...retirement is highly overrated. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meanwhile, many thanks for your great invention... may it continue to prosper
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Many thanks for setting the forum up in the first place Vince, then overseeing it till now.
We all owe you a lot.
Enjoy your retirement, with all that extra time for building and flying!!
Peter
Ray Watts

Post by Ray Watts »

This is certainly the best Forum that I use and hopefully long may it continue.

You should be very proud Vince.

Many thanks for everything you have done to make the gel the keeps scale soaring alive and fresh

Ray
It's always calmer indoors :D
john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

Vince

I am atruggling to find the words to thank you enough for the work you have done in creating and managing this website. I can't do without my daily fix.
Of course we would like you to continue but everything comes to an end so I do hope you can enjoy your retirement (I can highly recommend it !) and get into your workshop to do some building.

Cliff
A huge thank you for taking on the task. It will be a hard act to follow Vince but I wish you all the best and you can count on my support.

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
Ian Davis

Post by Ian Davis »

Vince

Your foresight in creating the site has to be one of your greatest bodies of work. The forum that keeps us all informed has grown to be something none of us can do without. The main site with the plans and documentation together with the libraries are without equal in the world.

Thanks for all your hard work and overcoming the tribulations you've suffered over the years to keep the site up together.

Ian ;)
Tony Woods

Post by Tony Woods »

Vince,
Take no notice of CW as retirement is great and in your case highly deserved.I cannot find enough praise for the work that you have undertaken over the last many years and I hope that you will now have many years of happy flying over the Guernsey cliffs and maybe Middle Wallop.

Best Regards,

Tony & Chris. ;)
terry white

Post by terry white »

Thanks go from me also Vince. Always hard to hand over your baby to someone else.The enjoyment that this forum has given me is unbelievable.
I have met new friends, discussed my favorite hobby with many other flyers from all around the world and of coarse learned a great deal as well.
Enjoy your retirement mate (as John said we can recommend it) We all wish you well and will look for your postings in the future,
Thanks again for this legacy that you have now handed over.
Kind regards Terry.
Steve Fraquet

Post by Steve Fraquet »

RETIREMENT !!!!!!! What's that?? :D :D :D
Seriously though Vince, enjoy the rest and thanks also from me for all your hard work.