BMFA National Centre at Buckminster

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.

Single day, two day, mid week or weekend.

Poll ended at 04 Nov 2017, 14:52

Single day
8%
Two day
29%
Mid week
13%
Week end
50%

Total votes: 62

Pat Marsden

Re: BMFA National Centre at Buckminster

Post by Pat Marsden » 01 Nov 2017, 17:53

Last few days of the poll so time for last minute votes. If you have read Rays write up of the site then it certainly sounds like a cracking site for an aerotow event. The Ghost Squadron are keen to give it a go but really need to know that we will be supported before we commit the time and effort into organising. The calendar is increasingly busy as is the Buckminster site so its going to give AEB a headache in finding time that fits in all calendars :D The BMFA are our National body and the site is there for the use of all, they are keen for us to show how it should be done so lets give it a go.

john greenfield

Post by john greenfield » 06 Nov 2017, 08:25

All

The poll has now finished and has shown (for those few who replied !?) that a 2-day meeting over a weekend was the preferred option. Based on this the Ghost Squadron have decided to go ahead and organise a trial event at Buckminster on 12 / 13 May 2018.
We will have exclusive use of the RC flying area for the weekend and the site has a permanent Notam to 1500ft. You will NOT require a "B" certificate to fly a model over 7kg but of course, to fly one over 20kg you will need to show the correct CAA paperwork. Your "favorite !?" tug pilots have already signed up to support the meeting, thank you guys.
Camping will be available on site for the weekend and we are working on a "special " price for weekend camping and flying. For day visitors there will be a daily charge similar to other aerotow events,
More details will follow in due course but we hope you will all put the dates in your diary and support this trial meeting. Its continuation will depend on the level of support.
If you have any questions, please post them here and we will try to answer.

The Ghost Squadron
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)

Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans » 06 Nov 2017, 08:55

Thanks John. It's now up to the forum members and others that are not on here to make this work. So having said that, come on, lets get behind this and show the BMFA that we are a serious section of this hobby. Can I ask that you approach the BMFA to put this in the magazine to try to encourage any that are not on the Forum to come along. Also have you put the info on the BARCS forum? I am sure that there would probably be a few there that may be interested.
It is in my diary, will definately be there for both days.

Phill Tadman

Post by Phill Tadman » 06 Nov 2017, 21:43

Thats great news!

Huge thanks to all who have been working hard to get this started!

Phill

keith poulton

Post by keith poulton » 11 Nov 2017, 09:59

Sorry to come in on this,but yes,great idea,I should be able to support

Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden » 11 Nov 2017, 17:52

keith poulton wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 09:59
Sorry to come in on this,but yes,great idea,I should be able to support
Keith

Feel free to come in on any thread, no need to be sorry about it. Will be good to see you at Buckminster.

Pat

ChrisV

Post by ChrisV » 15 Nov 2017, 12:59

Ray

Thanks for the info. The site looks great for aero towing. I have put the May dates in my diary

Regards
Chris

B Sharp

Post by B Sharp » 16 Nov 2017, 10:39

I have added the dates to my calender for next year and would definitely like to attend. Whether that will be possible is another matter entirely.
Brian. :)

Mark Richards

Post by Mark Richards » 17 Nov 2017, 14:26

Thanks to Ray and the GS for setting this up.
It's in my diary and I look forward to flying at Buckminster.
Mark

Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce » 17 Nov 2017, 18:47

Will have to get the map out, :lol: :lol: :lol: