If you are joining, please check your spam folder for confirmation email

Future plans

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Martin G

Re: Future plans

Post by Martin G »

Hi Cliff,

I know you prefer vintage gliders, but I would like to see something more modern available as an all built-up model. All moulded glass ship kits are getting very expensive.

Maybe something along the lines of an MDM1 Fox at 1:4, or larger, scale.

Martin.

Chris Bowles

Post by Chris Bowles »

Hi Cliff, how about a 1/3 scale ASK 21
Chris

Jus Gordon

Post by Jus Gordon »

A Lunak would be nice

MarkDev

Post by MarkDev »

Something modern that penetrates well, can be used on slopes and aerotow, not too complicated in respects of control surfaces and could be motorised if needed? A good all rounder in the 1/3 to 1/1.25 (or 5-6m) size range without going to needing LMA/CAA muscles to carry! Larger Dart, ASW17, HP18 up to Shark etc, etc?

But then I'd have to start building......... :D

M

roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

hi cliff I think some modern glass ships would be great. I have been hoping that more members would have a go building with foam and epoxy / carbon with the methods that I use. so for I know of two that have had a go . I think most members are happier building with wood so some glass ships made in wood would be good for the sport. mike trew did some plans in the 70s/80s of some glass gliders but in 1/5 scale so some thing like that in construction but larger say 1/4 scale. maybe with round steel wing joiners. ROO :D :D :D

Andrew Ray

Post by Andrew Ray »

A SZD Jantar 1 at 1/4 scale would be nice or maybe a Slingsby Kestrel 19.

Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger »

MarkDev wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 16:22
Something modern that penetrates well, can be used on slopes and aerotow, not too complicated in respects of control surfaces and could be motorised if needed? A good all rounder in the 1/3 to 1/1.25 (or 5-6m) size range without going to needing LMA/CAA muscles to carry! Larger Dart, ASW17, HP18 up to Shark etc, etc?

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking Mark... 1/3 to 1/2.5 Slingsby Dart, HP18, ASW12 (as a change from the '17).

The Shark and Silente 2 also have the advantage of having an electric motor in the nose of the full-size.
Attachments
Shark FES.jpg
Silente 2 Electro.jpg

B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

You say you have the Gennisis 11 plans already Cliff. Could you give me some more detail please.
Brian :)

ARUP

Post by ARUP »

How about a Woodstock or Duster? Gus Briegleb's BG-12 would be pretty neat and the canopy wouldn't be a difficult pull.

ARUP

Post by ARUP »

I'll have to take a look! Richard Schreder had some cool sailplanes, too!