• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Future plans

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Martin G

Re: Future plans

Post by Martin G »

Hi Cliff,

I know you prefer vintage gliders, but I would like to see something more modern available as an all built-up model. All moulded glass ship kits are getting very expensive.

Maybe something along the lines of an MDM1 Fox at 1:4, or larger, scale.

Martin.
Chris Bowles

Post by Chris Bowles »

Hi Cliff, how about a 1/3 scale ASK 21
Chris
Jus Gordon

Post by Jus Gordon »

A Lunak would be nice
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

hi cliff I think some modern glass ships would be great. I have been hoping that more members would have a go building with foam and epoxy / carbon with the methods that I use. so for I know of two that have had a go . I think most members are happier building with wood so some glass ships made in wood would be good for the sport. mike trew did some plans in the 70s/80s of some glass gliders but in 1/5 scale so some thing like that in construction but larger say 1/4 scale. maybe with round steel wing joiners. ROO :D :D :D
Andrew Ray

Post by Andrew Ray »

A SZD Jantar 1 at 1/4 scale would be nice or maybe a Slingsby Kestrel 19.
Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger »

MarkDev wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 16:22 Something modern that penetrates well, can be used on slopes and aerotow, not too complicated in respects of control surfaces and could be motorised if needed? A good all rounder in the 1/3 to 1/1.25 (or 5-6m) size range without going to needing LMA/CAA muscles to carry! Larger Dart, ASW17, HP18 up to Shark etc, etc?

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking Mark... 1/3 to 1/2.5 Slingsby Dart, HP18, ASW12 (as a change from the '17).

The Shark and Silente 2 also have the advantage of having an electric motor in the nose of the full-size.
Attachments
Shark FES.jpg
Silente 2 Electro.jpg
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

You say you have the Gennisis 11 plans already Cliff. Could you give me some more detail please.
Brian :)
Andy.Meade

Post by Andy.Meade »

A Ross-Zanonia RS-1 would be lovely. I've done the 3D modelling of the fuselage, and sent it off to a French chap on RCG who had designed the wing and was going to do the fuselage formers, but I've heard nothing back in about 12 months :cry:

4 to 5m span would be great please 8-)
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

The wing is no problem. Mt 3-view is the most accurate one available with information taken from the actual glider

https://scalesoaring.co.uk/VINTAGE/3-vi ... anonia.pdf
Andy.Meade

Post by Andy.Meade »

Sure can - I have a SolidWorks part file to send over - can you PM me an email address? Thanks Vince - I actually used your 3 view to create the fuselage model.