• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

2.4 problems?

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
jimbo

Re: 2.4 problems?

Post by jimbo »

Simon, you are obviously on an old TX. The problem is when you update to a new TX, which i had to do (as my old TX was literally going green, from sea mist etc), you get the latest version of the software on the TX.
I'm intending to buy a new FRSky and do some further testing on both my 8FG and 14SG in a foamie before i risk it in anything crunchie.
It looks like the Firmware is only available for the 8S, not the 6S or 4S which effectively means unless i can junk my older 4s and 6s (after my 8FG finally corrodes to death).
https://www.frsky-rc.com/tfr8s/
https://www.frsky-rc.com/tfr6/
Simon WS

Post by Simon WS »

Yes good point Jimbo I am on an older transmitter - the FX20 and I hope it will see me out because the prospect of needing to change the firmware on dozens of Frsky receivers isn't worth thinking about!
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

What I have determined (or I think I have determined) is that if the RX was purchased after some date around 2015, then it works OK on the new TXes (and the old TXes).
I've done some testing on TFR6 installed on a model ( a rather precious piece of unobtainuim I hasten to add), 2 successful flights now on the new TX, with other modellers transmitters (jeti) turned on in the vicinity, seems to be working fine, with the caveat that I am of course flying on a remote Cornish cliff with no nearby wifi or other sources of 2.4 interference. The TFR6 is in Martini, I know this is an RX I bought within the last 3 years, the VX2 has a 617FS. When the slope is busy one day, I will do a thorough range test before launching.
Attachments
S1.jpg