• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

possible tow tug venue

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Rocket_ric

possible tow tug venue

Post by Rocket_ric »

Hi all

if i could arrange a tow tug event to be held at RAF Barkston Heath would anyone be interested?

if possible to arrange it would be overnight camping

as a member of Grantham i will propose it may not be this year
Rocket_ric

Re: possible tow tug venue

Post by Rocket_ric »

i will speak to our secretary an let you know
Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden »

Hi Richard

Doing a glider tow event anywhere north of the M4 is a risk as a lot of glider pilots we get at the Middle Wallop events live down south and dont travel too far. As you may recall from the BMFA event we ran we didnt get a great turnout, hopefully only due to people being unsure of the venue so we may get a better turnout next time.
If you can get permission from your club we would need to have a grass runway, most gliders dont have wheels and are really only suited to grass strips.
Cannot speak for the rest of the Ghost Squadron but I would be happy to support such an event, do your best to make sure it doesnt clash with any other glider events to maximise the possible attendance.

Pat
Rocket_ric

Post by Rocket_ric »

Pat Marsden wrote: 03 Jul 2018, 19:13 Hi Richard

Doing a glider tow event anywhere north of the M4 is a risk as a lot of glider pilots we get at the Middle Wallop events live down south and dont travel too far. As you may recall from the BMFA event we ran we didnt get a great turnout, hopefully only due to people being unsure of the venue so we may get a better turnout next time.
If you can get permission from your club we would need to have a grass runway, most gliders dont have wheels and are really only suited to grass strips.
Cannot speak for the rest of the Ghost Squadron but I would be happy to support such an event, do your best to make sure it doesnt clash with any other glider events to maximise the possible attendance.

Pat

thanks pat

i will see what i can do and arrange it around other date

there is a huge grass area where the club and raf model gliders fly from in the centre plus runways

i will see if it is possible