• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Compufoil

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
RobbieB

Compufoil

Post by RobbieB »

Has anyone heard whether Compufoil is still up and running? There haven't been any updates for a while now although the website is still there.

I have a hard drive that is coming to the end of it's time and needs to be replaced so I will need a hardware footprint compliant licence code from Eric but he is not replying to emails which is very unusual for him.

A disc image is a possibility but not too thrilled about that idea from a flakey drive.
chris williams

Re: Compufoil

Post by chris williams »

I managed to transfer Compufoil to my new PC last year Robbie with the new PC code. I'm running version v4.6.9.9. I think you have to update manually now, although I haven't done so, as it works perfectly well as it is :)
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Evening Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

Eric has replied now and what a relief to know he's still in the game - just been a bit busy.

He has been working on a major new release of Compufoil for the last two years so that would also explain the lack of updates - they only were, by and large, bug fixes anyway - the programme does everything I need and more. Look forward to this new version though.
Noël Rumers

Post by Noël Rumers »

Hi,
Works for me fine and updated last week.
And indeed looking forward to the new release!
Noël
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Evening Noel.

Eric did say he hasn't done a lot with the current issue as he has been working hard for the last two years on the new one. I think my contact might have prompted him into a little action!

Really looking forward to this big upgrade. Two years....................got to be good.