• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Yet another reason to get out of the EU

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Barry_Cole

Re: Yet another reason to get out of the EU

Post by Barry_Cole »

In or out, will make no difference to the outcome. Have faith in the CAA, and the BMFA.

I would like to be able to say, have faith in the politicians, but that is stretching credibility a bit too far.....

BC
terry white

Post by terry white »

Hi Guys.
I worked my final working days as a building/construction consultant to the M.O.D. :lol:

The M.O.D. and the arm forces themselves have a rule. 'Don't make rules that cant be enforced,policed or proven. ;)

The reason for this is, if a person said to be doing wrong is taken to task/court he or she could/would say I didn't, the model was not at that height at all M'lud, in fact I was landing. Without proof of height the gray area would make for many many failed prosecutions costing too much time and money. It is for this reason I don't believe that the C.A.A. will go ahead with this plan. :)

If I am wrong and this is made a law there will be those clubs who refuse to police it, others that will feel it is their duty to uphold the law.Perhaps with both club types operating from the same hill top as on my slopes There will be fisticuffs on the slope as one flyer differs with the principle to another. There will be maverick flyers who will say "who you going to tell then". by the time authorities come to have a look about three weeks later, if they are bothered at all the flyer has gone home for tea. :lol:

The only time I believe there could be repercussions if one has allowed their model to fly higher then the designated height is if an accident occurred and someone was seriously hurt and height could be proven at the inquiry.If the B.M.F.A. were to have agreed the height restriction then you may not have been insured. :(

I am 'like many other responsible flyers thinking' "what will I do if the plan should go ahead anyway" I can tell you now, I will just carry on as I always have done. ;) ;) Ter.
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

The US has imposed similar regulations and the AMA isn't on good terms with the FAA. At least the EASA regs allow local aviation authorities to issue exemptions, which what the BMFA and LMA got from the CAA.
Tom Pack

Post by Tom Pack »

FrankS wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 18:55 The US has imposed similar regulations and the AMA isn't on good terms with the FAA. At least the EASA regs allow local aviation authorities to issue exemptions, which what the BMFA and LMA got from the CAA.
Um......the AMA has negotiated a seat at the FAA table for any and all regulations going forward.......so they are in fact on real good terms with them.
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Tom Pack wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 23:36
FrankS wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 18:55 The US has imposed similar regulations and the AMA isn't on good terms with the FAA. At least the EASA regs allow local aviation authorities to issue exemptions, which what the BMFA and LMA got from the CAA.
Um......the AMA has negotiated a seat at the FAA table for any and all regulations going forward.......so they are in fact on real good terms with them.
Some sense at last then, from what I read on the US forums it didn't seem that the AMA were getting any relaxation of the regs for model fliers.
Tom Pack

Post by Tom Pack »

FrankS wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 16:07 Some sense at last then, from what I read on the US forums it didn't seem that the AMA were getting any relaxation of the regs for model fliers.
Don’t believe everything you read on the interwebs! :) :) :)