• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

More problems heading our way I fear!

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
MDev

Re: More problems heading our way I fear!

Post by MDev »

I presume that if over time, airfields are to be equipped with ‘anti drone’ loaded kit then we will have to fly with new protocols especially where airfields are live and flying at the same time as us, Middle Wallop springs to mind.

No doubt that even smaller airfields will have some kit in the forthcoming years? Better get yer thinking caps on.
paulj

Re: More problems heading our way I fear!

Post by paulj »

spike spencer wrote: 21 Dec 2018, 17:57
Mark Erwood wrote: 21 Dec 2018, 13:17 ... It can be set up to take off, fly a particular path at any height and then fly back to its starting point or anywhere else within the limits of its batteries. How one combats this is anyones guess but an answer has to be found before someone is killed.

Mark
There is no problem that cannot be resolved by the correct application of high explosives :evil: . To be slightly more subtle, it only takes a few Milliwatts to jam the GPS signals, denying the drone all navigation senses. Unfortunately, such action would rapidly demonstrate that 95% of civilian road traffic has forgotten how to use a map ! The resulting chaos would probably dwarf the human pile-up at LGW terminals. :oops:
The offending drone may not be flying today simply because the wind strength is too high for it to make ground upwind.
When the offender returns (Tuesday ?) I would go with Barry and watch its video signal to see where it goes. Even better, if the Police drone operators have learned how to use their 'track & follow' software, the perp might be caught red-handed. Ultimately, task an armed Reaper to follow it !
There have been jamming trials carried out in South Wales - when flying gliders a few years back, there used to be Notams warning when the trials were taking place. I don't see any reason why this couldn't have been used as a weapon against these illusive drones. A jammer wouldn't have to be activated for long...!