• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

CAP 1763

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
VinceC
Site Admin

Re: CAP 1763

Post by VinceC »

Thanks Barry, that makes things a bit clearer.

If we don't raise these issues we will never know if they are in hand or still need addressing
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

VinceC wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 12:04 Thanks Barry, that makes things a bit clearer.

If we don't raise these issues we will never know if they are in hand or still need addressing
I think the BMFA have it all in hand..

BC
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

We all never have everything in hand. Ask Mrs May
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I’ve no first hand experience of these things but I reckon there’s more chance of a sensible outcome from BMFA/CAA discussions than from an intervention by MPs. However if our MPs could be encouraged to ensure that the CAA were left to get on with it, without ministers or senior government officials getting involved in order to be seen to be doing something, that might be helpful!
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Cliff,
I suggest that any changes should differentiate between the traditional manual eyeball flying and anything which can be flown either autonomously or via FPV.
This can apply to both fixed wing and rotary wing.

The main issue is that the purely ground based pilot line of sight (vision range limited) ‘radio controlled’ vehicles are being lumped into the same category as autonomous/onboard camera equipped vehicles where the inbuilt technology enables them to be easily flown at far greater ranges.

Perhaps using an analogy of potentially restricting all cars in the future because driverless cars cannot be operated safely might help put things in perspective.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Peter, I think that most, if not all of that is covered in Section 3.
Attachments
UK Model Associations Permission-revision1 (002).pdf
(2.48 MiB) Downloaded 103 times
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »