• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Caa permission to exceed 400 ft

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Barry_Cole

Re: Caa permission to exceed 400 ft

Post by Barry_Cole »

I have just written to my MP.....

Don't suppose I will even get the courtesy of a reply.

:( :( :( :(

BC
MDev

Post by MDev »

I wrote to our MP and three Euro MPs all giving the same replies about public safety, shows you how much they're interested and how much they know.
spike spencer

Post by spike spencer »

Fair dismembering of the proposed 'system'. What Bruce Simpson doesn't mention is if the numbers do not meet the CAA estimate, costs will fall across the smaller number of those who do register. So £16.50 /year will inevitably be cranked up !
Martin Gough

CAA Registration

Post by Martin Gough »

New CAA Registration coming our way.
£1000 fine if don't register apparently.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

spike spencer wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 20:51 Fair dismembering of the proposed 'system'. What Bruce Simpson doesn't mention is if the numbers do not meet the CAA estimate, costs will fall across the smaller number of those who do register. So £16.50 /year will inevitably be cranked up !
He mentioned that Spike.....

AAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Howard wise

Post by Howard wise »

All the comments I am reading just proves just how crazy this whole proposal is. We have MPs and MEPs who believe this is for public safety will stop rouge drones being flown over airport, WRONG!
Bringing in £1,000 fines for law abiding modelers who decide they won't comply with a useless scheme.

As I have said before the problem is with how drones are sold. Your mobile phone are activated when you purchase a new one,so the technology exists for a drone to be activated when it is registered. Yes some people will find a way round it, as MDev pointed out, but they will be a hardcore few.

Do we all boycott this mad idea ??
Martin Gough

Post by Martin Gough »

It would be interesting to hear what the BMFA have to say about this.
If I hadn't seen the youtube video how would I know this existed, were the BMFA going to notify
all its registered members as to the changes?
I wonder how this would be policed? Would a normal plod know about this?
What happens when we go to a flying event ie White Sheet, is someone going to ask are you registered?
I guess should an incident happen the first question will be, are you registered? If not what happens then?
So many questions.
John Vella

Post by John Vella »

Ladies and Gentlemen, if this stupidity comes to pass please DO NOT register. Look how busy the police were with the protests in London last week. The courts would be overflowing with cases of none compliance, and none payment of the fines if modellers stick together. Regards John.
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

I agree with all comments posted. The trouble with creating Laws is that someone has to Police it. Do our Police forces have the time and resources to drive around the countryside on the look out for rogue model operators. If not, will the charges levied have to be increased in the future to compensate the Police. This is one hell of a slippery slope and such a draconian Big Brother attitude, if the CAA make the laws then they should pay for it.

I would imagine that many modellers would ignore this legislation and the CAA target of 170,000 will fall well short, thereby requiring an upscaling of the annual charge

I think I will go back to stamp collecting until a law is made for an extra charge for use of printers ink
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

There is a suggestion that the BMFA could register as the drone operator and pay the £16.50, and that would cover us all. Then we register as the fliers at no cost.

Seem like a plan...

:D :D :D :D

BC