• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Molding fiberglass

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Tony Woods

Re: Molding fiberglass

Post by Tony Woods »

Hi Charles,
If you really want a Super Dimona kit they are still available at Hobby King UK for £122.

Regards,

Tony
Tony Woods

Post by Tony Woods »

Hi Charles,
I have also found this ad for USA EAST Hobby King with 10 in stock.http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/st ... ouse_.html

Regards,

Tony
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Charles, its not really difficult to make components in the manner you suggest.
1. Use high density foam such as blue or pink variety's available in builders merchants. 2. Carefully shape the foam to slightly smaller than required. 3. Add any hard points that you will require under the finished skin. 4. Coat with several layers of glass cloth, starting with the heavies grade and going on to lighter grades. Use epoxy resin for the adhesive as it does not dissolve foam. 5. When dry and crisp sand down to a fine finish and fill any blemishes. 6. Finally dig out the foam core with a sharp instrument.
I used this method for the tail cone on my BG135 a couple of years ago and it was very successful.
Brian.
BG135_091.jpg
BG135_094.jpg
BG135_095.jpg
BG135_099.jpg
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

Hi Brian is right it is not that difficult to make a fuz that way.I build all my gliders that way so far a windex,jantar and a DG 202 and have just started a ash 31 build. Search the new forum and old forum for the threads. Loads of info out there to on rc groups from other members also. Best of luck roo :D
Noël Rumers

Post by Noël Rumers »

Hi Charles,

Have you seen the SS motor glider section.
There is something about the Dimona in there...

http://www.scalesoaring.co.uk/MOTOR_GLI ... imona.html

Grts,
Noël