• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

CAA Registration Petition

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Peter Balcombe

Re: CAA Registration Petition

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Glad to see that some common sense has prevailed in the end. :D
There do seem to be some sensible politicians out there after all.
Many thanks to everyone who has played their part in pushing the modellers case.
Ray_Eggleston

Post by Ray_Eggleston »

Yes, well done to all concerned. Glad to see some sanity has prevailed at last.
Martin Gough

Post by Martin Gough »

Geoff Pearce

Post by Geoff Pearce »

The system has just got an MP that understands our position, now with election on , who will fight our corner ?
MDev

Post by MDev »

Why do you think any of them will? They haven’t so far.

M
Howard wise

Post by Howard wise »

Having just renewed my club membership, I am being asked to sign the CAA article 16, from what I am understanding means as a member of the BMFA and holder of a test certificate I am allowed to fly a sailplane under 7.5kg above 400ft, but a model over 7.5kg can only be flown up to 400ft.
How is this going to affect our aerotow meets?
If the tugs are over 7.5kg can they only tow up to 400ft?
To fly above 400ft on models over 7.5kg needs CAA written permission, is this for one event, for the year?
Can an event have allowance for all models to fly above the 400ft limit, or will any pilot with a model over that weight have to apply for permission?
Should be an interesting year
Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden »

As has always been the case the organisers of events such as aerotows can and will apply to the CAA for a height increase for there event. The exemption applies to a certain area and a certain height. In most cases the height limit has been 1500ft as stated during pilots briefings. These exemptions are generally for the set duration of the event only.
SP250

Post by SP250 »

Pat, the form to apply for an exemption was taken down well before Xmas from the CAA website.

I have emailed the CAA twice and filled in their contact form on the site once asking for a new form to fill in. Which used to automatically generate the Notam, but doesn't now!
No response so far in 2+ months.

Also on one of the BMFA NW Area zoom sessions one of the Blackpool club said they had got the form and permission (I think) and promised to forward me details.
Nothing as yet.

Spoke to Manny at Buckminster and he has no exemption or comms with CAA either.

So how do I apply (as an organiser of hopefully 2 GPS and 2 Aerotow weekends and one BMFA Scale competition at Sherlowe) for the height exemption if there aint a form to apply and the CAA will not communicate.

Any help to address this greatly appreciated? TIA

John M
Martin G

Post by Martin G »

John,
When we raise a NOTAM for full size work we send it to Main Operations on site.
However the form we use (v2.2) has an email address of AROps 'at' CAA.co.uk with a telephone number of 020 74536599.
I hope that helps.
Martin.
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

I renewed my operator's licence today and found it a remarkably easy process (other than having to fork out £9). However my previous 7 letter/number number is now a mile and a half long. Some of my models aren't big enough to display it!
Brian. :o