• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Charlesworth ASK13

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Peter Balcombe

Charlesworth ASK13

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Hi all,
Currently building a K13 from the Cliff Charlesworth plan (see separate build thread) & am wondering how to interpret what looks to be a doubler former immediately forward of fuselage former 6A, plus mention of a 3mm balsa hatch between former 5B & the above doubler former.
I am assuming that the hatch may be there to gain access to what looks to be the wing retention bands immediately forward of Former 6.
Presumably there is no removeable upper fuselage section between 5B & 6A?

Any input from someone who has been here before would be very welcome.
Peter
Peter Balcombe

Re: Charlesworth ASK13

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Thanks Cliff.
Maybe the note/lines on the plan are a relic from early days when there may have been aileron/brake servos mounted in the fuselage.
The wing plan shows an aileron bellcrank & a bit of pushrod going towards the wing root, but no servo or exit to the fuselage at the root end.
Nothing is shown for the airbrake at all.

I will fit servos in the wing & use a fixed 6 pin MPX connector at the fuselage root rib (floating wing connector), with cabling direct to the Rx.
Thus I should be able to safely ignore mention of a hatch if a hook tool is used to thread simple retention bands.