• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

CAA Compliance Queries

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
FrankS

Re: CAA Compliance Queries

Post by FrankS »

MDev wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 23:00
I understand some members have been told their fees will be paid, the emails didn’t get this far south! Ten weeks to the deadline, when things need doing I like to get on and do it.

M
It got as far as Gloucestershire :lol: maybe that's the cut off from the affluent south :D

Didn't say if you could register through the LMA with a BMFA achievement cert though.

I'm in no rush to get registered and will wait until after all the organisation AGMs when hopefully there will be more clarity.
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

RobbieB wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 21:59
FrankS wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 19:09 '.................. but if you are a member of the BMFA, LMA, FPVUK, SAA then you have an exemption to fly above 400ft..........'
You are referring to a CAA short term site specific exemption here, yes?
Robbie this one https://rcc.bmfa.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... ision1.pdf which doesn't have a time limit and isn't site specific.
Steve J

Post by Steve J »

FrankS wrote: 14 Nov 2019, 08:12 Robbie this one https://rcc.bmfa.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... ision1.pdf which doesn't have a time limit and isn't site specific.
For some reason the BMFA haven't put the latest version of the 400ft permission on the rcc site. There is one dated 4/4/19 in the downloads area of the main BMFA website.
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Ah yes, but the 7kg weight limit still applies. For one glorious minute there I thought that height limit had been revised for BMFA members.

Nice to see the 'above pilot and not terrain' rule has been changed - how ridiculous that would have been for slope flyers, like riding the big dipper.
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Steve J wrote: 14 Nov 2019, 09:30
FrankS wrote: 14 Nov 2019, 08:12 Robbie this one https://rcc.bmfa.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... ision1.pdf which doesn't have a time limit and isn't site specific.
For some reason the BMFA haven't put the latest version of the 400ft permission on the rcc site. There is one dated 4/4/19 in the downloads area of the main BMFA website.
Yes, just noticed that, the only difference seems to be is the clarification on flying at full size fields with an air control tower or outside of normal operations.
MDev

Post by MDev »

A query- how much do the tugs weigh?
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Anthony wrote: 14 Nov 2019, 10:477kgs...... :D
In your dreams.....

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BC
Dave Cooper

Post by Dave Cooper »

When I started this thread I was not intending to open the proverbial 'can of worms' - Apologies, looks like it's open !

Over time, some things do seem to be a little clearer, but, there's still a lot of 'fog' about...I'm even starting to worry about full-size gliding over other peoples' property ! Oh well, that's another story for another time...

Best regards to all,
Dave
MDev

Post by MDev »

Just had a reply from the CAA about a query:-

‘Thank you for your email, you should advise both LMA & BMFA that you will not need to be part of their bulk uploads as you have complete the process.

You only need one operator id.

Andrea Chew
Drone & Model Aircraft Registration Service
Civil Aviation Authority’

The only difference by going through the BMFA is they then have to pass on your details, the fee gets paid, you still register. I’m now off back to school and write out fifteen times my operator I.D. Number.....

M
MDev

Post by MDev »

I note that the CAA DRES website, which cost a reputed £4m, crashed yesterday. Suggestions that they would get 40,000 drone operators registering seem wide of the mark as 9000 have registered so far. £81000 against an expected income of £360000, an expensive computer system?

How many years will it take to cover costs as the government has suggested, no doubt the expense will be written off against the public’s tax?