• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

CAA Compliance Queries

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Elliot Howells

Re: CAA Compliance Queries

Post by Elliot Howells »

Cliff, that's a B****r, I haven't had chance to read all the guff, just thought I'd better do it whilst it was fresh in my mind...

Oh well, the online test was a good refresher - did my theory for PfCW or whatever it's called now a couple of years ago, big plans that came to nothing because we moved house.

Ell.
John Vella

Post by John Vella »

I thought we (BMFA) members were told to wait ! Anyway thank you BMFA for your efforts in this matter. Regards John.
SP250

Post by SP250 »

A possible problem, I think if you register and pay direct and not through the BMFA renewal, is that event organisers or club membership secretaries will not be able to see that you are legal and paid / registered etc. as it won't be showing on the BMFA membership card or showing on the Go Membership Portal. You'll have to have separate proof from the CAA direct. Just showing numbers inside a model aint proof. Cliff / Elliot did you get a proof of payment certificate, receipt or something you can show event organisers?
I am told that if it is done with the BMFA renewal, then it will appear on the printable membership card.
John M
terry white

Post by terry white »

SP250

Post by SP250 »

OK Cliff - thanks
John M
mick a

Post by mick a »

just spoke to someone at bmfa
even if you have a bmfa A or B , you still have to register, but not take the test .
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Yes, but if you are a BMFA member, you pay them the £9 with your next year's membership and they do it for you...

:D 8-) :D 8-)
BC
mick a

Post by mick a »

yep that’s correct
we as a large club are letting the members do there own, as you can’t fly with us unless you have bmfa membership .
i remember when first started had to go to post office to get radio licence .
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

How does this affect someone who resides overseas but who may want to fly in the UK?
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Ok, I can use a UK address to comply via BMFA, I wonder how someone holidaying in the UK and unaware of the "law" would go about enjoying a couple of hours peaceful slope soaring. You know, like we all used to do before the limitless scope for state nannyism and criminalising everything and everyone pervaded every aspect of our lives?? :(