• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

CAA Compliance Queries

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Barry_Cole

Re: CAA Compliance Queries

Post by Barry_Cole »

I stand corrected....

BC
MDev

Post by MDev »

From the horses mouth, the LMA are undecided about what to do about exams and registering, they await their AGM.
MDev

Post by MDev »

There is nothing on the BMFA website that says we can only fly at height if the dres exam and registration is taken with them, the only bit you get is to wait until 31st January 2020 until doing so.

M
MDev

Post by MDev »

Yep, that’s what I said, you don’t have to take the exam with the BMFA but to take it and be a member!

M
terry white

Post by terry white »

Im sorry Mark but i am not understanding exactly what you are implying here. Is it me. can you be more specific for my little brain. :oops:
FrankS

Post by FrankS »

Terry, everybody who flies unmanned aerial vehicles weighing more than 250 grams has to register (and take the online test) and is limited to 400ft, but if you are a member of the BMFA, LMA, FPVUK, SAA then you have an exemption to fly above 400ft. You can do the CAA registration direct or via BMFA or LMA which will use your proficiency achievement instead of the online test.
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

FrankS wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 19:09 '.................. but if you are a member of the BMFA, LMA, FPVUK, SAA then you have an exemption to fly above 400ft..........'
You are referring to a CAA short term site specific exemption here, yes?
terry white

Post by terry white »

Yes Frank, I have understood most of that info for the past year. It was Marks replies to Cliffs two latest posts regarding the BMFA web site that I have not fully understood.
MDev

Post by MDev »

I was trying to get across that you can take the test but it’s the membership of the national associations that gives you the exemptions. The LMA say they are not taking note of the operators ID numbers so it’s up to the individual to comply.

I understand some members have been told their fees will be paid, the emails didn’t get this far south! Ten weeks to the deadline, when things need doing I like to get on and do it.

M
terry white

Post by terry white »

Thank you Mark.