• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Flair ka8 compatability

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
John Vella

Re: Flair ka8 compatability

Post by John Vella »

Adam, why are you building another set of wings for your Flair K8 ? Are your original wings beyond repair ? As most of the work in building a Charlesworth K8 is in the wings, and having built 2 Charlesworth K8s, I would build the complete model from the plan /pack. The fuselage jig is quite simple and the build goes together well. You would end up with a gentle flying Scale model. Regards John.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Get Cliff to cut you a set of ribs.

See below..

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

BC
Keith

Post by Keith »

Theres a Flair K8 for sale on the BMFA site

Keith
John Vella

Post by John Vella »

Hi Adam, my advice is based on knowing the Charlesworth and the Flair K8s , and there are big differences especially in the root and wing joining area. The Flair wings plug in together then are top mounted with bolts . The Charlesworth is scale with the wing roots mounting on the fuselage wing rib with a ply scale fairing cover. It is horses for courses. As I said the major work is in the wing build, and Cliff will supply the Plan Pack for the Charlesworth K8.
Regards John.