• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Help

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Keith

Help

Post by Keith »

Hi all just a long shot but does anyone have some 15x2mm wing blade tube , i only need 18 inches, i have been to Gliders and they only have 1.5mm blade.

Keith[vimeo][/vimeo]
terry white

Re: Help

Post by terry white »

Hi Kieth,I have a number of brass blade boxes, the closest to your requirement is :-

external measured 3.06mm x 15.23mm
internal measured 2mm x 14.06mm

Is this what you need? Regards Terry.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Hi Terry, thats the size i need two at 270 mm long if possible. Happy to pay you and postage if at all possible.
Keith
terry white

Post by terry white »

No problems Keith. send me your address on a p.m. and they will be in the post ASAP. Terry
Keith

Post by Keith »

PM sent thanks.

Keith
john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

Guys

Do be careful as there is 2 x 14mm and 2 x 15mm flat steel joiners out there. It seems the older version was 2 x 14 but the more modern stuff is 2 x 15mm and of course will not fit in the old style brass outers.
Keith was asking for 2 x 15 and Terry has kindly offered 2 x 14mm

AEB
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
Keith

Post by Keith »

Thanks John i didnt realise but as i havent glued the joiner assy in yet its possible to change to 14mm.

Keith
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Keith, as John mentioned, the 14x2mm used to be the standard, but Gliders Distribution stopped supplying this a few years ago due to concerns regarding quality. They changed to 15x2mm (16x3mm tube external size).
Just be aware that if you do use 14x2mm then it will be very difficult to get any more.
Gliders normally keep the 15x2mm strip/16x3mm box in stock, but maybe stock has been exhausted due to the current building spree.
Keith

Post by Keith »

OkPeter just leave it then im not prepared to risk the model with smaller joiner i will have to search for the right size thanks for all your help.

Keith
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

I’m sue that Gliders Distribution will have it back in stock soon. They are out of stock of each of the joiner strip/tube sizes.
What you need is theit stock No. GLB15 for 15x2mm strip & matching brass tube.
Peter