• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Pilatus wing section

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
roo Hawkins

Pilatus wing section

Post by roo Hawkins »

What would be the best wing section for a 4.5 meter pilatus b4
Elliot Howells

Re: Pilatus wing section

Post by Elliot Howells »

not the one on my Vagenecht 4.5m B4! It's too fat and undercambered, works well enough but nowhere near quick enough.

I'd go with an RG15, not too thin. Very fast and forgiving.

Ell.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Hi Ell, you got a fus?
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

Roo, it all depends on what yo want it to do. Is it going to be flat field based or is it going to be a fully aerobatic slope machine?
My recently completed B4 to 1/4 scale has an HQ 3.5 12 root to tip. It soars very nicely on the flat and has impeccable manners in the stall. However it is also very aerobatic. It is capable of all the usual aerobatics including square manouevre but I have yet to try a bunt. You have to bear in mind that it does not have flaps therefore is a little slower in the roll.
Brian.
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

Thanks guys. I am looking for a do it all wing section. Something that will fly off the slope but will not need gale to fly. But I would like to use it to tow. It's only in the planning stage and if I built it it will be in the late spring as I am having time of models at the moment. Been windsurfing most of the year and not much flying. Plus I have been building a windsurfing foil board and have some carbon and glass leftovers that I can use on a glider.
Nigel Argall

Post by Nigel Argall »

RG 15! Cliff cut me some templates and result is brilliant.