• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

RCSD

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Cliff Evans

RCSD

Post by Cliff Evans »

For once I have a little bit of good news to pass on.

I have received the following email this morning, I would be grateful to receive any thoughts you may have on the subject to pass on to the publishers.

"We have received a rather detailed proposal for a resurrected RC Soaring Digest and are seriously considering the possibility.

The author of the proposal is a long time RC sailplane enthusiast who has extensive experience in current online publishing media and methodologies, as well as social media.

There are a numer of changes inherent in this potential move. Here are three major changes that would take place:

While the magazine would still be available online at no charge, there may well be some sort of advertising in the form of sponsor inserts, banner ads, or similar. Additionally, items specifically designated for RCSD - like t-shirts, mugs, and other merchandise - may be made available for purchase.

As was true with RCSD from the start, anyone can submit materials, but it would now be possible for contributors to post submissions (including videos!) directly to the magazine after approval of the content by the editor.

The only real negative envisoned in this proposal is the magazine would no longer be available as an easily printed PDF. Rather, it would be more akin to a series of web pages accessible via computer, tablet, or smart 'phone, and which would most likely be available only through digital means.

There are several other considerations to be taken into account, but we at this point are intensely interested in obtaining feedback from RCSD readers past and present to determine reader interest in and enthusiasm for such a move.

Feedback, questions, and requests for more details regarding this proposal can be directed to us at bsquared@rcsoaringdigest.com.

Many thanks for your input!"
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
B Sharp

Re: RCSD

Post by B Sharp »

Great!
Brian.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Sounds Good...

BC
SP250

Post by SP250 »

Anything that can bring back a similar set of event reports, together with the technical aspects of different glider competitions and models/construction methods is a step back towards normality. I would gladly read it and I support its resurrection.

John M
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Another piece of good news.
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

Anything to add to the available modelling publications has got to be a good thing :)
Keith

Post by Keith »

Sounds a good move im sure the contents will be interesting as always.

Keith
Ray_Eggleston

Post by Ray_Eggleston »

As a former avid reader of this magazine, I would be delighted to see it come back in any form. :D :D :D
paulj

Post by paulj »

I think it would be excellent for this to happen. I thoroughly enjoyed poring over the editions that used to come out! I would also consider subscribing, depending on the quality of the content vs the cost.
mjcp
Location: A wind swept hill with no wind, in driving distance of Windsor, UK

Post by mjcp »

"The only real negative envisoned in this proposal is the magazine would no longer be available as an easily printed PDF."

Can't say that I *ever* printed a copy!

About the only printed material I read these days are letters from HMRC and a car owner's club glossy (the manufacturer themselves subsidies it, otherwise I doubt they'd still do it in physical form). Everything else is digital via the iPad.

M
m̶j̶c̶p̶ Marc

Hanger -
Some (now) pristine models that are un-flown for a year.