• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Transferring single wing plans

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Mike F

Re: Transferring single wing plans

Post by Mike F »

I'm also with Peter on the patio door copy technique.

Also with the simplicity of the Phase 5 wing I drew both sides from the plan straight onto the building board which is quite convenient for smaller wings.

Mike F
terry white

Post by terry white »

This thread has taking me back to the 'good ol' days'.
How many of us will admit to having built two right wings before realizing what we've done!! Ill be the first to hold my hand up. :oops: :oops:
Robcrad

Post by Robcrad »

Hi all
Many thanks for all the great ideas, I am off to try a few to see which works best for me.
Stay safe

Rob
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

Trace it out on kitchen baking paper for a cheap and simple way.
Eddie Mace

Post by Eddie Mace »

I know I'm a bit late to the thread, but I have recently built a Watt's Up thermal glider by Brian Austin and I was told/read somewhere to use WD40 to make the plan transparent and it worked really well. I sprayed it into a cloth and applied it to the area of the plan the wing was on. It made it translucent enough to see all the details. It does evaporate eventually (few days) therefore doesn't destroy the plan! It all depends on if the wing can be assembled enough, in the time that it takes to evaporate out of the plan.