• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Ka7 Colour Schemes

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
paulj

Ka7 Colour Schemes

Post by paulj »

I am sure this has been shared here previously, but anyway it might be new to some of you.

If anyone wants a colour scheme for a Ka7 which is a bit different, google Weiland Express. This is the nickname for a Dutch Ka7 (registration PH314) which has had two different distinctive colour schemes over the years.
Here is one of them:
WeilandExpress.jpg
The other has penguins in action with a primary glider.
paulj

Re: Ka7 Colour Schemes

Post by paulj »

Found the other colour scheme:
PH314 - 2.jpg
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Good luck with those two!
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
Jilles

Post by Jilles »

The PH-314 was one of the two K7 's in my club near Eindhoven in the Netherlands I have many flights and time as instructor in the back seat.
The glider went into private hands of a member in the same club, During a major overhaul the new color scheme was applied
It used to be off-white.
Unfortunately the owner passed away some years ago, Not sure what happened to this particular glider
Jilles

Post by Jilles »

Did some investigations. The K7 Ph-314 is at the moment in an aircraft museum in Spain. Still with the funny color scheme. The plan was to have it flying again in 2020. I have a feeling some events have put a brake on this plan
paulj

Post by paulj »

Thanks Jilles! It would be good to get some close up photographs of the colour scheme, in case anyone is mad enough to want to recreate it. I have a soft spot for Ka7's - I re-soloed in one in 2004 (having not flown solo since 1980 - on that occasion in a T.31). From a modelling perspective I am planning on finally getting to build a Moswey, but at somepoint in the future I may build a Ka7. It looks like the glider I soloed in is no longer in use, and doesn't appear to have been re-registered from it's original BGA registration (HAG). I do have some photos which could allow me to recreate that glider:
DSC01548.JPG
DSC01550.JPG
larrikin

Post by larrikin »

While I went solo in a Blanik, my first ever glider flight was in a K7 (VH-GQX) in 1980. I did some digging and found "QX" still in service.
I have a 33% kit in the build queue but I can't bring myself to use the current colour scheme of QX.
One could be mistaken for thinking that it is sponsored by a multi-national burger franchise.
M
Attachments
K7-QX.jpg
paulj

Post by paulj »

I would have thought the bright yellow nose would cause some glare while flying!