• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Merry Christmas

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Ian Davis

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Ian Davis »

A difficult year indeed, but not everything has been bad.

One of my two clubs has recently got full planning permission for the site and the other one has escaped the clutches of all CAA rules for our site except for those contained in 16a. Add to that, John Greenfield's wonderful efforts with South Cerney and we end up with a lot to look forward to.

Just need to stay safe to enjoy 2021.

Have a merry Boris Christmas ;)
BrianF

Post by BrianF »

Merry Xmas from this part of the underworld, where snow is just weird at Xmas time and Xmas lunch is a salad.
It hot and humid here like walking through a very warm pool, you can't stay dry and it saps energy to motivate yourself. Makes modelling fun.

Keep posting, lots of varied ideas and viewpoints from hard earned experience, great questions, ideas, methods and stories, I learn something every visit.
Cheers (grab a glass of something)
Brian
Der Himmel ist blau und die Luft ist gut!
www.seqsa.net
john greenfield

Post by john greenfield »

A very merry Christmas to all the SSUK family from the Ghost Squadron team. Not the best of years but we have managed to run a couple of events and a big thank you to those who attended.
Being a "glass half full" team we are already planning aerotow events for 2021, see the SSUK calendar for dates and locations.

Be positive and stay safe everyone.

The Ghost Squadron
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

I hope you all have a Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year. Please stay safe and I hope to see you again next year on an airfield or slope somewhere in the UK
Best wishes from the frozen north.
Brian. :) :) :)
simon_t

Post by simon_t »

A big ‘thank you’ to Cliff for keeping the site up and running through these difficult times, and thus allowing us to keep contact with our flying friends, see what is on the building board (or repairing board eh Brian S :D ), and maybe helping to keep us all sane (well I start from a low base).

So, a very merry Christmas from a rather virusy and gridlocked Kent, to all members of Scalesoaring UK. Hope to see more of you in 2021 than I was able to in 2020, and maybe even roll out my latest project which has been on the building board for 3 years now...

Simon
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

A big thank you to Cliff and his team for keeping the site up and running, and to the “Ghosties” for managing to run a few events that kept me and Mel sane in this deplorable year, we can only hope things are better in 2021...

Mel and I would like to wish you all as happy Christmas you can have, and hope to see you all next year.

Antonia
Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger »

I want to add my heart-felt thanks to Cliff and co for making this site such a wonderful place to meet other addicts and share practical tips. A lot of my modelling is vicarious so this is a great place to enjoy others’ achievements and gather inspiration for future projects.
Hope you’ve all had a great Christmas and best wishes for 2021 from a snow-dusted Sutton Bank in Northern England.

Rog