• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Are there any hardy souls out there?

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
B Sharp

Are there any hardy souls out there?

Post by B Sharp »

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you, and may 2021 bring you more flying than you did last year in 2020.

It’s fabulous weather here this morning. I launched from my garden at 10:17 this morning and touched down back into the garden after a 22 minute flight. I was very surprised to find little bubbles of lift coming off the surrounding ploughed fields. A great start to the year!

Have any others managed a flight yet?

Brian. :D :D :D :D :D
Attachments
First flight of the year.
First flight of the year.
barrieburton34

Re: Are there any hardy souls out there?

Post by barrieburton34 »

Had 2 flights with a foamie,drizzle,low cloud,cold and wet,even my dog hid in the car(he has more sence than me) Happy new year to you all.

Barrie Burton
Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger »

Good effort gents!

We had a brief patch of sunshine late morning so I grabbed my cute 46” Taylorcraft for 15 mins pootling around our field. I reckoned it wasn’t worth putting together my 1/3 Super Cub and indeed the weather did close in just after I landed.

As I walked back to the workshop, happily recalling the flight, I was again struck by the question...why do we spend so much time and money on huge models when there is so much pure and simple fun to be had from small ones.

Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year.
Philkiteflyer

Post by Philkiteflyer »

Jolly Roger wrote: 01 Jan 2021, 20:56 I was again struck by the question...why do we spend so much time and money on huge models when there is so much pure and simple fun to be had from small ones.
Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year.
Because we can Roger, because we can.

Well done those men, I'm sitting in my 'summer' season watching the gales and rain . . . . :x :x :mrgreen:

Good for the new year everyone, its got be better than the last one . . right ? ?

Cheers
Phillip C
"Keep it simple stupid"
Pat Marsden

Post by Pat Marsden »

Overcast and a combination of mist/fog means visibility down to around 3 - 400ft here in Norfolk.
Happy New year all
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

As I sit with my toast and coffee this morning it is another blue sky, almost calm, day. I think I will have another half hour flight today - just before I can! :D
What's my chances of being able to fly every day this year? :lol:
Brian. :)
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

B Sharp wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 08:43 What's my chances of being able to fly every day this year? :lol:
Brian. :)
Zero..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

BC
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

You are absolutely right Barry, but we can always live in hope. I am currently sitting with a hot cup of coffee and a piece of Xmas cake following a very pleasant 41 minute flight.
Brian. :D
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

B Sharp wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 11:35 You are absolutely right Barry, but we can always live in hope. I am currently sitting with a hot cup of coffee and a piece of Xmas cake following a very pleasant 41 minute flight.
Brian. :D
AAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BC