• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Good bye Geoff.

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
terry white

Good bye Geoff.

Post by terry white »

It is with great sadness I inform you that today we lost our good friend Geoff Pearce.
He has finally succumbed to the cancer battle he has so bravely fought for a number of years.
All that new him would say what a happy, friendly, chap he was. He would do anything for anybody and would have a good word to say about everybody,
I have had the privilege of knowing him for more than 30 years during which time we laughed and cried together over many flights. I will in time post photos of our time together. I will miss him very much.

Rest in peace Geoff.
catwok

Re: Good bye Geoff.

Post by catwok »

We have certainly lost a fun loving member of the scale glider scene. Someone I always loved spending time with at events. Sleep well old pal and happy flying.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210105-190636_Gallery.jpg
simon_t

Post by simon_t »

So sorry to hear this sad news. I’ve only known Geoff since I started scale gliding and tugging, about 13 years ago, but met him many times at the weekend and longer events such as Milson and Binham. He was always great company, warm and friendly, and with interesting stories. In more recent times, when he was quite unwell and struggled a bit with flying we had some great times at Milson trimming out and flying his large electric soarer. He loved his holidays at Milson and often stayed on as guest of the owner, just to ‘chill out’
I will very much miss Geoff not being about at the events, he was such a character. RIP Geoff
simon_t

Post by simon_t »

Geoff in relatively recent times at Binham:
Attachments
6BBF437F-75F6-448D-9322-3DCE384B13F7.jpeg
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

R.I.P Geoff.

It was great to know you.

BC
Cliff Evans

Post by Cliff Evans »

Goodbye to a good friend. Geoff was the nicest person you could wish to meet. Typical of his generation. Always cheerfull regardles of how he was feeling. He would ring me up just to ask how I was doing and to talk about his grandsons band. He will be missed by all of us on the flying fields throughout the country. A truly genuine sweet old chap. Rest in peace Geoff.
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
Peter Balcombe

Post by Peter Balcombe »

RIP Geoff,
A shame you didn’t get to finish your Orlic, but I’m sure you will be watching out for it from above.
Peter
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

I only knew Geoff the last 5 years but he became one of my closest friends in the gliding world. I will always remember him and miss him. Especially the hospitality he and lin showed me and my wife .
Attachments
FB_IMG_1612298265530.jpg
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Oh what a sad day and what a gaping hole is left in our soaring community.

RIP Geoff you were a truly nice fella.
B Sharp

Post by B Sharp »

I am truly sad to hear of Geoff's passing. I only met him when I started scale soaring back in 2008 but right from the off he was friendly and kind to this unknown Scotsman. Over the intervening years I have enjoyed his company at soaring events. He even offered me a bunk in his camper van on one occasion.
I will miss you Geoff, sleep sound!
Brian.