• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

FrSky G-RX8 - manufacturing defect

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
mjcp
Location: A wind swept hill with no wind, in driving distance of Windsor, UK

FrSky G-RX8 - manufacturing defect

Post by mjcp »

(I don’t recall a thread about this, sorry if it’s a repeat)

Heads up, there is a batch of defective FrSky G-RX8 receivers out there.

I had 2 of them from a purchase last summer. On investigation there are several discussions on rc groups and Git hub.

Symptoms: repeated “Telemetry lost” / “telemetry recovered” alarms. Sure enough, the telemetry stops updating while “lost”. According to the dealer, the signal is still normal strength, so no control issues. (My experience concurs with this view).

The cause is a defect in manufacturing where the incorrect surface mounted component is used.

Identification is visual (or visual confirmation following symptoms): defective parts have different surface mounted components in the red circle. Correctly made boards have a pair of black components. N.B. You will need to remove the paper cover to see the components.

Dealer has asked for them back and I anticipate they will be swapped for correctly made replacements.

3B05D81E-AE2E-478B-A5F3-297A1E8676AA.jpeg
M
m̶j̶c̶p̶ Marc

Hanger -
Some (now) pristine models that are un-flown for a year.