• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Geoff Pearce's Orlik

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
john greenfield

Geoff Pearce's Orlik

Post by john greenfield »

Hi All

I have been asked by Geoff's wife to find someone who would like to take on the completion of Geoff's Orlik project. This is a big model at 7.5m wingspan and 3.1m long (2.8m with the rudder removed). Details of the original Orlik model can be found here to give an idea of the project https://scalesoaring.co.uk/the-polish-o ... i-model-2/. Geoff was actually modeling the later Orlik with the blown canopy and airbrakes on the top of the wings.

The model is basically complete but there is quite a lot of work still to do to finish it. It has been stored in Geoff's workshop for some time and is in need of some TLC and to be honest some parts could do with the covering removed and a good session with a sanding block to round the edges of the control surfaces etc. There is a canopy plug, I have not seen it but I understand that it still needs some work to get it into a state for vac forming.

All servos are fitted and linkages made.

The model is worthy of completion and would make a great project for someone with time and a big workshop.

The model is being offered for free to someone who will take on the completion of the project which is a very generous offer as the cost of the wood and radio gear is not insignificant, not to mention the amount of work Geoff put into getting it this far. I have lots of pictures of the model and would be happy to provide them, and any more any prospective modeler would like, if if you contact me. The model is currently in my workshop near Watford, Hertfordshire as the family needed it moved as they are clearing Geoff's workshop.

If you are interested in taking on this project, would like more info, or to view the model please contact me. jgreenfi@hotmail.co.uk or 07710 924721

AEB
Attachments
Orlik resized.jpg
Orlik resized.jpg (41.69 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
AEB = Aeronautical Energiser Bunny (with thanks to CW)