• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

BMFA News

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Cliff Evans

BMFA News

Post by Cliff Evans »

BMFA New just dropped through the door. 5 pages of drones! The rest power. Nothing for gliding. BMFA News just dropped in the bin!
https://lasercutsailplanes.co.uk
https://patteaklegliders.co.uk
paulj

Re: BMFA News

Post by paulj »

I agree Cliff - shame. :(
I suppose they only publish what is provided for them, and I guess they received nothing from the silent flight community.
mjcp
Location: A wind swept hill with no wind, in driving distance of Windsor, UK

Post by mjcp »

Cliff Evans wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 13:29
BMFA News just dropped in the bin!
I assume as its under 250g, there's no need to register with the CAA for the flight to the round file :lol:
m̶j̶c̶p̶ Marc

Hanger -
Some (now) pristine models that are un-flown for a year.
Phil_Taylor

Post by Phil_Taylor »

A suggestion...

Instead of moaning about it - how about organising a couple of BMFA News articles about scale glider building & flying? - I expect most BMFA members would much prefer that to drones - could create considerable interest in this fascinating branch of the hobby. Maybe contact John Treble who has been writing the gliding articles - he would probably love to see some scale glider articles too.

Phil

PS - mine went in the bin recycling too :D
chris williams

Post by chris williams »

I have sent scale gliding event reports to the Mag editor, without even the courtesy of a reply...Still, we did get Peter on the front cover a few years ago...!
SP250

Post by SP250 »

Gentlemen - it's the same as meeting organisers or club committee members.

Someone has to stick their head above the parapet and do the work.
But they can only provide a good finished article with the material they are sent.
No one person knows "it" or has experience of "it" all.

So we have to thank Chris W for his continued efforts over many years, but there are many others here who can write an interesting article and fire it off to Peter Dodds for the BMFA news. There are loads of different aspects of scale soaring which might be of interest to the wider BMFA members and possibly entice a few to take scale soaring up and swell our ranks.

"If you want to change something get on the committee and change it from within", don't sit on the outside wingeing to everyone that it doesn't suit you or it's wrong. Do something about it.

John M