• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Tailplane Screws

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
jimbo

Tailplane Screws

Post by jimbo »

Unfortunately i have lost the two tailplane screws i had on my S2G fox prolly on the slope somewhere. Would anyone know where i can buy a suitable alternative? I believe they were M4 slotted head (20-25 or so mm long) but have an unusually large head , the groove on the tailplane in which they sit is 12mm (to secure to the tailplane). It needs to be 10 at least ideally 12mm to cover the hole in the tailplane which is much larger than M4. Ive tried a number of model fixings shops/ebay but not having much luck, the head size appears to be non standard. Would prefer to use some original type screws, rather than add a washer or two to get the head size. Cant remember whether they were brass or steel, brass i think, does anyone have one they can check out the sizes?
Cheers,
Jimbo,
terry white

Re: Tailplane Screws

Post by terry white »

Hi Jimbo,
I believe what you are looking for are called flanged button head bolts obtainable from- UKFixings.com
They have a vast range of goodies and these need some finding in their online catalogue, but they are there. check under page- screws and bolts. Hope this helps Terry.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Or you could be old fashioned and use a screw and a washer.....

BC
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Ta terry, here's how they fit.
Attachments
20150806_211615.jpg