• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Sad loss

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
catwok

Sad loss

Post by catwok »

Hi all, I had a call a couple of days ago from my father, John Watkins, giving me the sad news that his long time friend Eric Burke had passed away after a long illness. His modelling history is one of the “old school” flying mainly control line during the 60’s & 70’s. In later years, his passion became scale gliding, building many finely finished & detailed models. Eric also helped my father with his illness by buying a tug so they could go flying together at a local field in Cannock to avoid the long trawl to the Long Mynd.

John & Pam had several holidays with Eric & his late wife Margaret, both abroad & the south west of England & would always involve some kind of aeronautical activity be it full size or rc.

The funeral will take place at Streetly Crematorium, WS9 OSG, on Wednesday 12th August at 11.00am. If you are available to attend, please contact Janette on 07961 804018 or jan_long@hotmail.co.uk

Eric will be sadly missed by all his flying buddies. Our condolences go to Eric’s family; he was a gentleman who will be missed on the “West Slope”.
Attachments
Eric.jpg
Barry_Cole

Re: Sad loss

Post by Barry_Cole »

One of life's true gentlemen, sadly missed.

BC
terry white

Post by terry white »

Here, here,
My condolences to his family. Also to John and Pam who have just lost a great friend. Regards Terry and Lindy.
Jez_B

Post by Jez_B »

A gentleman in every sense. Whenever I met him, my impressions were that Eric's clear passions were his family and flying. I know he deeply missed his wife, and i suspect our hobby provided some respite in the latter years. Blue skies Eric.
Steve Fraquet

Post by Steve Fraquet »

Very sad..........a lovely man, it was always nice to see John and Eric at the Clwyd Scale events.
Barry_Cole

Post by Barry_Cole »

Medeller????
Chris Veitch

Post by Chris Veitch »

Sorry to hear the news, I had not seen him for a few years but enjoyed flying with him over many previous ones years.