• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Cirrus in the attic

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
matt

Re: Cirrus in the attic

Post by matt »

You mean one of these kits Terry? :D Matt
Attachments
cirrus 1.jpg
cirrus 3.jpg
matt

Post by matt »

I could possibly be persuaded Doug ;)
terry white

Post by terry white »

Well what do you know guys?

together we've only been and done it, although not yet collected my friend Chris has agreed to purchase a fairly new Cirrus and he's over the moon.
Along the way since I first requested your help only 8 days ago, I have been offered a couple of complete unstarted kits, a few Broken fuses that was thought would take a repair, and a couple of completed models ready to fly. I really did not believe that there were that many cirruses. es.s. left in the world. :o

A couple of posts back Colin W. suggested that I give Peter Beadle a P.M. as he thought he could help, after mentioning my difficulty in contacting him Mark R. came on and told me the secret (do away with the dot after com.) Oh to be up in this world of technology Mark. :roll:
Within 12 hrs a return from Peter said that he had a newish fus all kited out with some other bits and pieces that Chris could buy for a song. BRILLIANT! Thanks Peter.
So very soon Chris and I will be travelling up to see Peter(he's north of me) and have a chat.

Thanks to all you guys who helped, my chum will soon be flying again. Thank you. :)

Now that I have seen how easy it is to get your wishes on this forum, I wonder if anyone out there has, stuck away in their attic somewhere, a Paritech 1/3 scale Duo Discus that they don't want? :roll:

Regards to all Terry.
roo Hawkins

Post by roo Hawkins »

Well done Terry the power of the forum. The same thing happened to me when I was looking for a Vega. After posting on this site a member soon came back to me and donated one. Maybe we should have a going free or cheap and spare section. There must be loads of models and bits in the attic that members could use. I may be looking for a PJ models grob 109 fuz one day when the building board is free.