• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Radio Carbon Art Scale Glider film suggestions

General discussion on any topic which doesn't have a natural home on any of the other boards.
Phill Tadman

Radio Carbon Art Scale Glider film suggestions

Post by Phill Tadman »

Hi all

I recently contacted Paul Naton at Radiocarbonart.com with a suggestion that he might make a film on Scale Gliders. He responded by asking what could be covered. I was hoping you might add to the topic list.

Paul has produced many great films on building, flying and watching all sorts of gliders which I have found both very useful and highly entertaining.

Here's a list of topics I thought might be useful. Please add any you may have and I'll forward them on.

1. Spoiler / airbrake / flap / crow set up and tx control - recommendations for proportional, switched or mixed with other controls

2. Aerotow release mechanism and towing tips

3. Retract U/C fitting

4. Vintage glider covering

5. Electric motor conversion - nose fit, retractable units, ducted fans

6. Safety systems eg Powerbox dual battery, dual receiver systems

7. Throttle control - on throttle stick or 3 position switch with max speed control on proportional slider

8. Designing and fitting equipment frames

9. Glues and local re-inforcements

10. Colour trimming GRP surfaces - film / spray / decals

11. Rise off ground dolly's

12. Slope and flat field landing techniques

Regards,

Phill
Dion Dunn

Re: Radio Carbon Art Scale Glider film suggestions

Post by Dion Dunn »

I have also enjoyed Paul's videos and have owned a few. I like your list and really don't have much to add except maybe some great video of scale aero tow and slope meets around the world.