Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

Vacuum Pump Control

For those interested in the use of composite materials
Philkiteflyer

Re: Vacuum Pump Control

Post by Philkiteflyer »

Mick Tomlin wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 11:58
. . . . . my computer experience extends to turning them on and off.
Mick
You must work in our IT department . . . :lol: :lol: :roll:

Phillip C
"Keep it simple stupid"

Mick Tomlin

Post by Mick Tomlin »

Yep
Employed to change the fuses

mjcp
Location: A wind swept hill with no wind, in driving distance of Windsor, UK

Post by mjcp »

I'm intrigued by this post as I had a hankering to re-purpose an old airconditioner's pump for bagging etc.

I am a little confused as to where the two grey cylinders are from. I assume they are tanks used to maintain some "store" of vacuum? (much like a compressor in reverse?)

Would my old ac unit have these? If not, where to source and are there guide line on volume / strength etc to be followed?

thanks in advance!

M
m̶j̶c̶p̶ Marc

Hanger -
Graupner (old) K-8b, Mini Solius chuck glider conversion, UMX ASK-21, HF/Czech 2m ASW27, DG808s 4m, X-models Mini-blade, Lidl glider pitcheron.

Mick Tomlin

Post by Mick Tomlin »

Mark
This set up should work with any pump arrangement as it basically controls the power to the pump.
Only thing to take note of is the start up currant for you pump and ensure that the relay is man enough,
The small white tank is 1nch water pipe and acts as a check to stop the pump trying to start with a vacuum as this it can stall the pump.
The two gray tanks I used some soil pipe that was lying around with end caps. Each is 100mm diameter x 300mm length
They give some back up vacuum that smooths the operation and aids having to run the pump more than necessary.
I bagged some 1.75mt wings and with a good seal on the bag the pump ran for less than 30 seconds over the 12 hours.
To give some idea of scale my unit measures 400mm wide, 250mm deep. 300mm high.
Hope that helps
Mick
By the way the wings are for my PIK 20.