• Administrator
  •  
    Before your membership becomes valid, you will receive an email that must be answered.
    Please check your spam folder or this email.

Old Grunau Baby Book

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
VinceC
Site Admin

Old Grunau Baby Book

Post by VinceC »

Until the end of March you can download this interesting book from my Dropbox at this address

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhasinf91lkl6 ... k.pdf?dl=0
IJNoble

Re: Old Grunau Baby Book

Post by IJNoble »

Thanks Vince!!
Paul_Williams

Post by Paul_Williams »

Hi Vince - what a great little book - many thanks.

On page 77 the photos show the fuselage and the bulkhead behind the pilot. The large dark patch is of course the headrest but there is a dark rectangular shape blow and to the right (as viewed). I believe that this is the makers plate which would have the type number, variant number (?) manufacturer and date built.

Do you or anyone have a clear photo of one of these - or indeed a plate for any NSFK glider ?
A similar plate can be seen on the outside of Kranichs - port fuselage, just below the rear end of the front canopy section, although I have the impression that some were fitted iniside near the rear instrument panel.

Paul
VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Paul - I have searched my Baby 2, 2b and 3, but cannot find one, although I do remember seeing one. I will keep you in mind if I come across one
Paul_Williams

Post by Paul_Williams »

Thanks Vince, its strange that whilst photo of plates from powered types are often illustrated, on doesn't see glider plats.
Paul