Don't forget to check your spam folder if you don't get an activation email after joining!!

Old Grunau Baby Book

Anything to do with gliders & gliding.
VinceC
Site Admin

Old Grunau Baby Book

Post by VinceC »

Until the end of March you can download this interesting book from my Dropbox at this address

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhasinf91lkl6 ... k.pdf?dl=0

IJNoble

Re: Old Grunau Baby Book

Post by IJNoble »

Thanks Vince!!

Paul_Williams

Post by Paul_Williams »

Hi Vince - what a great little book - many thanks.

On page 77 the photos show the fuselage and the bulkhead behind the pilot. The large dark patch is of course the headrest but there is a dark rectangular shape blow and to the right (as viewed). I believe that this is the makers plate which would have the type number, variant number (?) manufacturer and date built.

Do you or anyone have a clear photo of one of these - or indeed a plate for any NSFK glider ?
A similar plate can be seen on the outside of Kranichs - port fuselage, just below the rear end of the front canopy section, although I have the impression that some were fitted iniside near the rear instrument panel.

Paul

VinceC
Site Admin

Post by VinceC »

Paul - I have searched my Baby 2, 2b and 3, but cannot find one, although I do remember seeing one. I will keep you in mind if I come across one

Paul_Williams

Post by Paul_Williams »

Thanks Vince, its strange that whilst photo of plates from powered types are often illustrated, on doesn't see glider plats.
Paul